At this time, Cedar Grove Publishing accepts fiction only in the form of children’s books, middle grade and young adult novels, sci-fi/fantasy/horror, mystery, and graphic novels. We do not accept non- fiction, textbooks, or educational materials.
We are willing to review unsolicited and non-agented manuscripts.
We accept submissions twice a year in 45 days increments.
The dates are: March 1 to April 15 and August 1 to September 15.
At this time, Cedar Grove Publishing is only able to receive submissions and queries by e-mail. If submitting a manuscript, please attach ONLY the first chapter. We are not responsible for the return of your manuscript.
Please be patient when submitting a manuscript or query. Each will be reviewed in turn. Expect at the least, a two to four month delay before receiving a response.
Cedar Grove Publishing understands that authors, in order to maximize their chances of acceptance, will send multiple submissions to many publishers. However, we would appreciate that if this is the case, that you make us aware of this in your query or submission. This will not lessen your chances of acceptance.
For Manuscript Queries:
- The reason you created your manuscript.
- A synopsis of your book.
- The age group that the book is intended and why you believe it will be appreciated by that group.
- If it is illustrated, please attach a sample of the artwork. If accepted, this is not a guarantee that we will elect to keep that illustrator.
- Please provide samples (if you work in a number of styles, we appreciate seeing samples of each style) in an Internet ready format, such as JPEG, PNG, or PDF.
- We will keep your query and samples on file for a year and will contact you if we have a project suitable for your talents.
- We will need to know the following:
- Date created, medium used, prices at which you’ll work, the length of time in which you can accomplish a project.
For Book Submissions
Children’s Picture Books
- Please submit the complete manuscript.
- Please attach artwork, if there is any.
- The length should be no longer than 60 pages.
- No original samples of artwork, copies or scans only.
- Please scan your artwork at 600 dpi, and submit at 75 dpi.
- If lettered manually, please render all text in pencil, as this will be easier for you to edit.
- If submitting a story, please submit it in comic book script, in a Word or text document.
- Length should be between 45,000 to 70,000 words.
- Length should be between 20,000 to 45,000 words.